Friday, November 12, 2010

Seconds of Style #12: Clay Pallet


I had a lovely chat with Julie from Apparel HR the other day and got all excited about summer fashion. We were talking about what had just been happening in the UK, as it has been my home for the last 18 months. Clay tones and neutrals were a huge focus for Winter 2010 in the UK, both on the high street and catwalks, which I was thrilled about - being a neutrals girl myself. I really loved the warm rust tones and rich caramels which I feel give an air of easy sophistication. Now we all know how quickly colour trends change so I was a bit nervous the industry would move away from these dreamy clay tones as quickly as they found them, but I am delighted to say they have been carried over for summer. I've pulled together a little sample of the clay pallet from SS11 ready to wear. My absolute favourite is Chloé creamy turtle-neck and wispy silk pleated cappuccino skirt. The pairing of the ruby red shoes and bag put this look at the top of my list.



No comments:

Post a Comment